Windows 10 comes with .NET framework 4.5 pre-installed, but many apps developed in Vista and Windows 7 era require the .NET framework v3.5 installed along with 4.5. These apps will not run unless you will install the required version. When you try to run any such app, Windows 10 will prompt you to download and install .NET framework 3.5 from the Internet. However, this will take a lot of time. You can save your time and install .NET Framework 3.5 from the Windows 10 installation media. This method is much faster and does not even require an Internet connection. Here is how to install it.
To install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10, do the following:
- Insert your Windows 10 DVD, or double click its ISO image, or insert your bootable flash drive with Windows 10, depending on what you have.
- Open ‘This PC’ in File Explorer and note the drive letter of the installation media you have inserted. In my case it is disk F:
- Now open an elevated command prompt and type the following command:
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:F:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
Replace F: with your drive letter for Windows 10 installation media.
You are done! This will install .NET framework 3.5 in Windows 10.
credit to : http://winaero.com
The permissions that Vista requires seem more stringent than in XP Pro. I have happily copied from XP Pro to XP Pro for years. When copying from XP machine to Vista machine, files will copy; but when on Vista machine and trying to copy from XP, some files copied and other s didn’t.
I tried about 50 different solutions – none worked! The XP machine has not set the permissions in a way that Vista can copy from, so you need to set them up on the XP machine.
1. Go to the folder (not file) that stores the files that won’t copy (eg. the yellow My Documents folder).
2. Right click on the folder and select PROPERTIES.
3. Select the SECURITY tab.
4. Select ADVANCED (bottom right).
5. Make sure you select the PERMISSIONS tab if it isn’t already selected.
6. Click on “Allow _ Everyone _ Modify _ ….” the lines with MODIFY on, are the ones that are preventing the files from transferring.
7. Now that the “Allow _ Everyone _ Modify _ ….” line is selected, click EDIT.
8. In the list of permissions in the next window, you’ll see some UNSELECTED boxes under the heading ALLOW.
9. SELECT each of these to give full control to the EVERYONE name.
10. Click OK
11. Place ticks in both boxes at the bottom left of this window (Advanced Security Settings window)… Box headings are …(INHERIT FROM PARENT THE PERMISSION ENTRIES and REPLACE PERMISSION ENTRIES ON ALL CHILD OBJECTS)
12. Click OK
13. Click OK
Now the XP machine will give full rights to the VISTA machine to copy files over.
My VISTA machine has File Sharing switched on. To check this select CONTROL PANEL, then select NETWORK AND SHARING CENTRE. Under this window you can turn on a number of actions including FILE SHARING (it should be ON).
Hope this helps.
Click on the “Finder” icon in the dock at the bottom of the screen.
Open the “Go” menu at the top of the screen and choose the “Connect to Server” option.
Enter the address of the network drive that you want to map in the text field at the top of the pop-up window. If you plan to map this network drive on a regular basis, you can click on the plus symbol to add it to your list of favorite servers.
Press the “Connect” button to initiate a session with the specified server.
Enter your domain, username and password in the appropriate fields and then click “OK” to log in to the server.
– Double-click on the network drive icon that appears on your desktop to access the shared folder through the Finder application
Here the instructions :-
- Open Add/Remove Programs by going to Control Panel in Windows (or type ‘control‘ in the Run prompt and press enter).
- Uninstall the PDFforge toolbar and/or Search settings listed as applications using Add/Remove Programs.
- Well done! Get yourself a victory coffee for delivering your browser from Internet AIDS.
Installing PDFCreator also installs the PDFforge toolbar, which intentionally misdirects 404 URL navigations in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Thanks to James for posting about similar problems caused by Search settings.
sedar xsedar hari ni dah 28hb Feb 2012…cepat betul kan masa berlalu…dan dalam masa smnggu lagi,umur aku akan bertambah lagi..haha..dah tua aku rupanya…dan untuk kehidupan aku sekarang ni, alhamdulillah…makin banyak ilmu yang dapat…
Kepada mereka yang masih menggunakan Windows sebagai platform utama,apa kata kalau cuba berganjak kepada Linux… bukan susah sangat pun belajar guna linux,malah linux lebih menyeronokkan…huhu. Aku masih ingat macamana pertama kali aku belajar menggunakan linux…Zul yg ajar aku pakai backtrack 4 masa tu…selepas setahun membiasakan diri dengan backtrack,minat aku makin bertambah tuk belajar versi lain…Fedora,Ubuntu,Blackbuntu,Gnome,Debian,dan yang paling aku suka,sudah tentulah backtrack..haha..banyak bnda dalam backtrack ni kalau sape-sape yg nk cuba sesuatu yang lain dari Windows…bila fikir balik,timbul gak rasa menyesal sebab lambat kenal linux…
sekarang ni,linux mint yang paling latest,memang tak menghampakan sesape yg nk baru nk berjinak-jinak dengan sistem linux..cara penggunaan yg ‘friendly user’ n ceria… LinuxMint 12-Lisa ,ak dah cuba guna pakai…dan memang sangat bestJadi,cuba-cubalah belajar MENGGUNAKAN LINUX… 🙂
What it is:
Unison is a simple, lightweight backup program. It is GUI-driven,
which makes it well suitable for new Linux users. It is capable of
backing up files and folders to local and remote locations (via SSH)
and can run scheduled.
Unison offers several advantages over various synchronization methods
such as CVS, Coda, rsync, Intellisync, etc. Unison can run on and
synchronize between Windows and many UNIX platforms. Unison requires
no root privileges, system access or kernel changes to function.
Unison can synchronize changes to files and directories in both
directions, on the same machine, or across a network using ssh or a
direct socket connection.
Transfers are optimised using a version of the rsync protocol, making
it ideal for slower links. Unison has a clear and precise
specification, and is resilient to failure due to its careful
handling of the replicas and its private structures.
To know more about:
To install in Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install unison